19 ELT states now, plus North Carolina and Maryland set to go live this July!
We’ve updated the site somewhat, including a new blog-style news layout. Previous news:
- 11/12/2012 – Updated most pages to include changes for CA, FL, GA, SD, and WI.
- 11/14/2011 – Updated the technology section in anticipation of our meeting with South Dakota.
- 5/3/2011 – Updated the DDI Best Practices document and added a section on Implementation Process and the 2007 WI DMV study.
- 4/13/2011 – Updated the “States that Allow and Require ELT” map, added Iowa study notes.
- 8/13/2010 – Many changes, including updates to ELT Only states (Arizona and Wisconsin).
- 2/3/2010 – Added details on which states send titles with liens to the lienholder and which send them to the owner.
- 1/6/2010 – DDI will be visiting with the Nebraska DMV on January 13, 2010. At their request, we’ll be discussing the new ELT program (see Nebraska’s legislation requiring the development of a program by 1/1/2011) with representatives from Nebraska banks, auto dealers, and credit unions. As part of our preparation, we have prepared an updated “Best Practices” document.
- 1/1/2010 – Louisiana now requires all lenders to participate in ELT. The Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) is providing a grace period through June 30, 2010 to allow lenders to sign up. For more information on DDI’s involvement in LA, please see our press release.